Page 1 of 1
x86gp2 physics
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:11 am
by enzo27
I tried x86gp2, the first thing that stood out to me as someone well acquainted with the dos version, is that the physics feel radically different. I think even hatcher mentioned something like this in the readme.
Did anyone experience this? In running it in Linux and it doesn't run properly, throttles my CPU pretty hard and bugs out pretty badly. But I can get into a race session and get a feel for the handling. I couldn't tell if the AI was also behaving a bit differently?
Re: x86gp2 physics
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:38 pm
by Michael82
He says he hasn't touched the physics or the AI. I think what changed compared to the original version is that the wheels move and aren't directly tied to the in-game physics.
Re: x86gp2 physics
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:54 am
by Rocket Ron
Been playing x86 now extensively and I cant tell much difference.
Re: x86gp2 physics
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:48 am
by enzo27
Michael82 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:38 pm
He says he hasn't touched the physics or the AI. I think what changed compared to the original version is that the wheels move and aren't directly tied to the in-game physics.
Yeah I don't think he actually changed it himself I'm just wondering if its an unintended byproduct of the dos/win conversion. I'd love to know how he managed to pull that off in any case.
My wine setup doesn't agree with it so I admit I couldn't test it much. I wish I could make it work properly.
What I noticed was the general feeling of weight and/or gravity feels different. I can't feel the weight transfer and lateral loads as easily, the car feels physically lighter. Also when the car goes airborne the dynamics feel a bit different.
The sound seems to be different in some way, I'm not sure if that is related, because the sound conveys physics information
Re: x86gp2 physics
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:53 am
by enzo27
What is the general processor occupancy for you guys? I noticed even in some YouTube vids a "occupancy warning" message appear at times